- Standard Wills
- Continuing and Welfare Powers of Attorney
- Discretionary Trust Will
- Inheritance Tax Planning Will
- Property Protection Trust
- Asset Protection Trust to protect against Long Term Care costs
- Living Will (advanced medical directive)
- Executory Services
- Pre-Paid Funeral Plans
- Will Health Check
Who should write your Will
All Will-writers are not the same; many are unqualified, uninsured and unregulated.
You must insist on a Member of the Scottish Institute of Professional Willwriters for your own protection and that of your loved ones.
The Institute of Scottish Professional Willwriters and our English, Irish and Welsh counterparts at the Institute of Professional Willwriters have been founded with two principle aims:
- To promote the highest possible standards within the Will Writing Profession
- To protect the interests of its members and that of the public
All members of the Scottish Institute of Professional Willwriters:
- are qualified by written examination to prove their knowledge and expertise in writing Wills and associated documents
- must operate within a strict Code of Practice which is approved by the Office of Fair Trading under its Consumer Codes Approval Scheme. This includes a seven day cooling off period and an independent complaints mechanism
- have professional indemnity insurance of at least £2 million. Nothing should go wrong but if it does, you know that your beneficiaries will be compensated
- have at least £2million Public Liability insurance cover, Willtrust Ltd carry £5 million worth of cover
- must undertake regular refresher training to ensure that they keep up to date with changes in the law and practice and have undergone a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure
- provide a professional, honest and ethical service at a reasonable cost and provide details of their fees in advance so that there are no nasty surprises
By choosing a Member of the Scottish Institute of Professional Willwriters you will ensure that you receive a comprehensive, professional service of the highest standard. Willtrust Ltd are members of the Institute and adhere to their codes, regulations and requirements.
Nobody wakes up in the morning and says “Let’s make a Will today!” However, the fact that you are reading this site today means you ARE thinking about it. The fact you are THINKING about it means that you need a Scottish Will.
Now do more than think about it, ACT UPON IT NOW.
Do not be one of the 70% of the population that does not have a Will and have your loved ones suffer the hardship that this will bring upon your passing.
To receive qualified and ethical advice in relation to any aspect of your Scottish Will-Writing and Estate Planning requirements contact Willtrust Ltd on:
Tel: 0141 280 5151 or Fax: 0141 280 5252
Email us at: email@example.com
Write to our Glasgow office at: Willtrust Ltd, Suite 92, 111 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1QX
Write to our Paisley office at: Willtrust Ltd, Studio 32, Sir James Clarke Building, Abbeymill Business Centre, Paisley, PA1 1TJ
You are currently on the website now, why not act now!
The simple fact is that everybody should have a Will.
In the time that it has taken you to read this part of the website, someone, somewhere will have died Intestate in Scotland, that is without leaving a valid Will. For those people, the Government has written a standard Will, unfortunately one that will almost certainly contradict what their wishes would have been…